Do you want to know which is the best Amazon Fire TV Stick in India? What are the features of Amazon Fire TV Stick? What are the famous TV Stick Brands in India? This blog post will answer all such questions so read till the end.
Amazon Fire TV Stick is revolutionizing the way of watching TV. It is the next-gen product to stream media content over the internet on the TV set itself.
Amazon Fire TV Stick has an Android platform. Thus, it will let you install and use mobile apps on your TV. Also, you can install android games through the play store, enjoy music, or browse the internet. So, Let’s deep dive in the world of Amazon Fire TV Stick and media streaming device.
- Top 4 Best Amazon Fire TV Stick in India
- 1. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote (Stream in 4K Resolution)
- 2. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (No Power & Volume Buttons) 2020 Release
- 3. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV Controls) 2020 Release
- 4. Amazon Fire TV Stick (2019 Edition): includes Alexa Voice Remote, Streaming Media Player
- What is a Media Streaming Device?
- What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- What all can I do with Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Do I need to buy OTT media streaming services separately?
- How to setup Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Can I use Amazon Fire Stick in India?
- Is there a monthly fee for Amazon Fire Stick in India?
- What is Alexa?
- What are the famous TV Stick Brands in India?
- What are Web Series?
- Final Word
Top 4 Best Amazon Fire TV Stick in India
|Amazon Fire TV Stick in India||Star Rating||No. of Ratings|
|1. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K||4.3||8,603|
|2. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite – 2020 Release||4.3||1,936|
|3. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick – 2020 Release||4.4||2,434|
|4. Amazon Fire TV Stick – 2019 Edition||4.2||35,826|
1. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote (Stream in 4K Resolution)
It is one of the latest and best streaming devices for TV in India. This Fire TV Stick is the most advanced and powerful than its previous versions.
You will enjoy the brilliant picture quality and sound. It has 4K picture quality. Additionally, it has ultra HD Dolby sound and HDR+ image quality.
You can choose any movie, web series, serials, etc., from its vast pool of channels. From Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hot Star or others, choose as per your choice. You can also watch YouTube Premium on Fire TV.
You can browse websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc., or surf millions of pages over the internet. It also has apps like Alexa skill. In addition to this, you can choose to use any food delivery app to order your meal. Alternatively, you can have your live camera feed, sports news, etc., just in one click or voice command.
You will also get free cloud storage to save your content. As far as its audio features are concerned, it has Dolby Atmos 7.1 surround sound. It supports Dolby Vision video, HD+ up to 4K, and HDR 10+. Thus, all these exciting feature will make your TV watching experience more incredible than ever before.
- 60fps video quality
- Alexa voice response
- Cloud storage
- Dolby audio video
- Small in size
- No local language support
- Compatible only with 4K HD TV
2. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (No Power & Volume Buttons) 2020 Release
It is one of the best media streaming devices in India. The main USP is the low price among all the Amazon Fire TV Sticks in India.
It supports several Indian languages, including Hindi, with its voice remote. If you do not have 4K TV, then no need to buy 4K costly Fire TV Stick; instead, try this.
It gives you a free subscription to several streaming services including, YouTube, TVF Play, MX Player, Yupp TV, and a lot more. Also, with its AI-enabled Alexa remote, you can change the channel or give other commands by voice.
Coming to other specifications, it supports Dolby sound and video quality up to 1080 pixels with Full HD. It also has an internal storage of 8 GB. This Fire TV Stick has a 1.7 GHz Quad-core processor as well as IMG GE8300 Graphics Processing Unit.
- Less expensive
- Better response of Alexa
- Fast performance
- Free streaming services
- No power & volume button
- No 4K video quality
3. All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV Controls) 2020 Release
It is the latest release of Amazon Fire TV Stick. With the latest updates and modifications, it comprises of all the latest features including Dolby Atmos, TV controls on the voice remote, etc. So, you only need one remote. It is 50% more powerful than the previous gen for fast streaming in Full HD.
It also has 1080 pixel Full HD video quality. Watch tens of thousands of movies and shows from Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hot Star, Zee5, Sony LIV, Sun NXT, ALT Balaji, Discovery Plus and many other Apps. Subscription fees may apply for these over-the-top (OTT) streaming media services. YouTube, YouTube Kids, MX Player, TVF Play, Yupp TV and many more are available free of cost.
You can easily mirror content from phone & laptop to the TV. Also, you can pair with compatible Bluetooth headphones.
- Includes Dolby Atmos
- Better audio quality
- Includes power & volume button in remote
- 50% better speed and performance
- No 4K video quality
4. Amazon Fire TV Stick (2019 Edition): includes Alexa Voice Remote, Streaming Media Player
You will be surprised to know it is the best-selling streaming media player with Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen, released 2019).
It comes with an Alexa voice remote. Alexa is the next gen modern voice control assistance. It also has impressive power, volume, and other TV control buttons, along with a voice control option.
It is among the initial Fire TV Sticks in India, easy to set up and rich in functionality. You do not need to register on Amazon as it comes pre registered to your account. Hence, you just need to plug and play.
Its specs and hardware have storage of 8 GB. Processor of 1.3 GHz that too of Quad-core technology which makes it ultra-fast. It also has an IMG GE8300 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). In addition to this, it supports a dual-band antenna for fast Wi-Fi and 5.0 Bluetooth.
It comes in two varieties, supporting 720 pixels and 1080 pixels. With its Dolby audio and Full HD video quality, you will have a rich TV experience. It also has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Supports Ethernet along with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Easy to use
- Less expensive
- Lacks various over-the-top (OTT) streaming services
What is a Media Streaming Device?
The term streaming literally means “continuous flow.” Thus, media streaming has the same meaning. It sends video, audio, or image files continuously via wire or internet to the TV.
Podcasts, movies, web series, latest news, sports, etc., are the typical streaming media content available over the internet. Those audio, videos, or images can be live as well as pre-recorded. These are used to deliver directly to the TV set over the internet. And, the devices that make live playback possible are called media streaming device.
These devices have internal storage to store some media. This can be connected to your TV or other devices via a USB port. And all you need is the internet to stream the content. There are various media streaming devices available in the market today. For example: Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku Express, Airtel Xstream, Chromecast, Tx6 Mini Smart TV, Mi TV Box, etc.
What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?
There is no doubt that Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the best media streaming device in the market. It is small in size but mighty. The Amazon Fire TV Stick looks like a small Pen Drive. You need to plug into your TV HDMI port.
This small flash drive device will transform your TV into a Smart TV. That would have the ability to stream videos, audio, or images over the internet. Rather than storing media contents in storage devices, you can now watch hundreds of channels online.
Let’s take a look at the unique features of Amazon Fire TV Stick that makes it the best streaming device in India. It has various exciting features, out of those, some are mentioned below.
1. Better Parental Control
Amazon Fire TV Stick has a parental control setting wherein you can set a password to prohibit your children from watching certain content. Moreover, you will get a viewership rating from the streaming company itself. This is used to specify that for which age group certain content is.
2. Track your Data Usage
Amazon Fire TV Stick has an advanced data consumption monitoring feature. It will always keep a track of the data consumption by the TV Stick. Therefore, with this feature, you can keep track of your data bills. Also, you can change the quality of the video to reduce the data consumption. Moreover, it also has a digital alert system that can alert you once you use a pre-set amount of data.
3. Voice Assistance Remote (Alexa Enabled)
It has Artificial Intelligence based voice assistance remote. Now, you can change channels just by giving a voice command to Alexa.
4. Speed & Performance
Amazon Fire TV Stick is lightning fast. It can even stream content over a 1 MBPS plan. It has its own cloud storage from where you can browse your saved media content if you do not have any paid subscription. You can either use an external storage device via an OTG cable connection to watch videos or audios you have stored in your devices.
5. Price (Budget-Friendly)
When you compare what you are getting and how much paying, the price would not be a bar for Amazon Fire TV Stick. It ranges from INR 2500 to INR 5,000. But you will have an exciting TV watching experience than never before. It is cheaper than its arch rivals with much more features. Moreover, if you will purchase it during the festive sale, you can also get an additional discount or cashback. And, as you know, Amazon is famous for its great deals during sale.
Apart from the above features, Amazon Fire TV Stick has several other surprising USP that makes it the best-selling device. Some of them are as below:
- It has a Bluetooth connectivity option. Thus, you can connect your speaker or ear device to it.
- Moreover, you can install & play any Android games and Apps, or use several other Apps that are available on Google App store.
- In addition to these, you can also connect the keyboard and do your office task.
- If you already have any remote, pair it with the Fire TV Stick remote and use any of them.
What all can I do with Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Amazon Fire TV Stick is mainly used to stream media content over the internet. You can stream anything available on the internet like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- It offers rich TV experience with Dolby Atmos audio.
- You can also install Android Apps from the Play Store and use it on your big-screen TV. It also has its App Store of Amazon from where you can download Apps by Amazon.
- With Amazon Fire TV Stick, you may not need to have cable or DTH service. Thus, you can watch every channel via the internet.
- It also comes initially with many apps to watch TV channels and stream content. For example, Hot Star, Airtel Live, Jio TV, Gaana App, Sony Liv, and many more.
- It has a Alexa voice remote supporting various languages, including Hindi.
- You can also mirror your smart phone screen over your TV screen.
Do I need to buy OTT media streaming services separately?
With the advent of fast internet and cheap storage, streaming has become easier than ever. All you need to have a smart TV that supports an HDMI port and a streaming device like Amazon Fire TV Stick. And you will have an ocean of content to watch just within a single click.
However, you need to buy different OTT (over-the-top) media streaming services separately. For example, you should have a subscription to Netflix, HULU, and Amazon Prime, etc. Although you can use the free services of websites like YouTube, Instagram, etc., without any cost.
Amazon Fire TV Stick gives you a door to access that stream-able content on your TV. But it would be best if you had a subscription to watch payable content. If you have a subscription for a mobile phone, just log in to the same user account, and you can access all the content via Fire TV Stick. This means only one subscription can work perfectly well for your personal and family to watch content over TV.
How to setup Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Setting up a Fire TV Stick very easy, one does not require any technical knowledge. Have a look at the below steps.
- Plug the power adaptor into the rated power supply as per the instruction on the kit.
- Plug the micro USB cord into the Fire Stick.
- Also, plug your Fire Stick into one of the HDMI port of your smart TV and remember its port number.
- Now, turn your TV on and open the input port. Your Fire Stick will be loading and it might take few minutes to load first time.
- Insert the battery in your Fire TV Stick remote and pair with the Fire TV Stick by pressing the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Select your language by navigating through remote.
- Complete your installation process by connecting your TV with Wi-Fi.
- Log in to your Amazon account to wrap up the setup process.
- Additionally, you can set up parental control settings to restrain your children from watching certain content over the internet.
Can I use Amazon Fire Stick in India?
Yes, definitely. Amazon Fire Stick is available in India. You can easily order it from the Amazon e-commerce website and use it in your home.
Is there a monthly fee for Amazon Fire Stick in India?
No. There is no monthly fee for using Amazon Fire Stick in India. You just have to buy once but you need to have a subscription (OTT media streaming services) to the content you want to watch. That is all.
What is Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant based on the AI technology developed in the form of smart speakers and originated in Amazon Lab126. Alexa recognizes your voice, sends you the response, and completes the task assigned to it, as per its complex algorithm. It uses cloud computing infrastructure to perform and respond to the queries.
What are the famous TV Stick Brands in India?
There are various TV Stick Brands available in India. Some of them are as below:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Roku Express
- Airtel Xstream
- Tx6 Mini Smart TV
- Mi TV Box
What are Web Series?
Web series are very famous now a days. In a brief period of time, it has successfully acquired a considerable base of viewership.
Web series are series of video content having various episodes on the online platform in layman’s language. Today, you can watch world-class series over online streaming channels like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc.
Unlike traditional TV serials, web series have episodes ranging from 5 minutes to 1 hour with 8-10 episodes. In comparison, TV serials use to run for years with an unending chain.
Amazon Fire TV Stick will make your old dumb TV into Smart TV (through HDMI port) that can stream content (audio, video) over the internet. In other words, you can watch favorites from Prime Video, Hot Star, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV and others. However, subscription fees may apply. It offers rich TV watching experience with Dolby Atmos audio. Additionally, you can mirror content from phone & laptop to the TV and pair with compatible Bluetooth headphones.
If you are a movie or web series lover but do not have time to visit the cinema hall repeatedly then Fire TV Stick is for you. You should definitely try this. I can bet, once you will give it a try, you will fall in love with it.
Go, use this, and do not forget to share your experience with your Amazon Fire TV Stick below in the comments section.