Which are the best baby bottle sterilizers in India?
Which baby bottle sterilizer brand is the best?
If you are looking for information on baby bottle sterilizers then this is the right blog for you.
Baby bottle electric steam sterilizers in India are becoming popular as they help in keeping germs and infection away.
There are different types of baby bottle sterilizers available online – steam sterilizer, U/V rays, cold water, etc.
This particular article talks about best baby bottle electric steam sterilizers in India.
When a baby is born, parents are overwhelmed with their health. Illness and infections are a part of growing stages for a baby. Parents take all the measures to keep their baby away from diseases and infections.
They always want to do the deeds that their future self will thank them for. There is a long list of tasks like feeding milk, burping, changing diapers and putting your baby to sleep. Another big task is cleaning feeding bottles and its accessories.
Bottle hygiene / washing is a vital part of parenthood. But not many like as it is messy to clean baby feeding bottles.
Here’s a list of Best Electric Steam Sterilizer for Baby Bottles in India.
Best Electric Steam Sterilizer for Baby Bottles in India 2023
This section of the article provides information on best baby bottle sterilizers in India. Read the reviews and product summaries to make an informed decision.
#1. Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
This product will make cleaning of bottles simple and less time taking. Its features make the process of sterilizing baby bottles effortless. Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is made up of BPA free material. It is safe for infants. It has a clever multi-function lid where different sizes of bottles and its accessories are placed easily.
The compact size consumes less space in the kitchen. It has a 6-minute cycle that allows sterilizing at least 6 bottles of capacity 330 ml or 11 oz. This sterilizer can accommodate breast pumps, toddler plates, spoons, forks, and pacifiers.
It has automatically shut off feature that switches off the unit when the process is finished. Kills 99% of germs from baby feeding bottles.
- Compact design and doesn’t take much space in the kitchen
- Portable, easy to carry
- Efficient in sterilizing bottles and bottle accessories
- It is based on steam sterilization. So, the germs are killed due to high temperatures. No chemicals are used. Totally, safe.
- Easy to clean
- It has auto shut off feature
- It is not dishwasher friendly. So, do not put its parts in the dishwasher.
- Price is on the higher end but worth each penny
#2. R for Rabbit Electric Baby Bottle 2-in-1 Steam Sterilizer for Infants
It is a lightweight electric baby bottle sterilizer that focuses on a thorough cleaning and sterilizing baby feeders. It has a large space to accommodate 6 bottles at a time.
It is a large unit with the capacity to sterilize 6 bottles, nipples, and other accessories. R for Rabbit Peter Fighter Plus is BPA free and ROHS certified. Steam heating in the unit kills 99.9% of bacteria. The whole process takes only 9 minutes of time. An in-built auto shut down is the USP of this product.
- Its auto shut down feature saves electricity and botheration
- Kills 99.9% bacteria
- It is large and spacious for a complete set of 6 bottles
- The revolving heating plate is made up of stainless steel
- Using hard water may harm the steel plate so, only RO water can keep the unit in good working condition
- Available in one size only
#3. Trumom Electric Steam Sterilizer – Bottle Sterilizer & Food Steamer
Trumom offers a smart baby bottle electric sterilizer that is perfect for the safety of your baby. It sterilizes as well as functions as a baby food steamer. So, it is multi-functional that can be used as a food steamer when your kids grow up. The maintenance of this unit is easy and simple.
The equipment is made up of BPA free plastic material. There is an automatic cut off feature. It can sterilize 6 bottles for the ease of the parent.
These bottles and accessories will remain 100% germ-free for 24 hours if kept in the untouched equipment. It has a one year warranty period that doesn’t include damage from voltage surge.
- Sanitizing cycle is 9 minutes only
- Kills 99.9 % of bacteria and harmful germs
- It is multi-functional and long-lasting
- Stress-free to maintain
- Not easy to take from one place to another due to its size
- It is not safe to clean in the dishwasher
#4. Philips Avent 2-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
This baby bottle electric steam sterilizer is an excellent product that uses natural steam to sterilize and kill bacteria in baby feeding bottles. It is a chemical-free and 0% BPA free sterilization process.
The auto shut off feature of the 6-minute cycle is the best feature of Philips Avent 2-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer. It not only sterilizes feeding bottles, accessories and breast pumps but components like plastic toys and pacifiers also. Keeps them sterile for 24 hours without opening the lid.
- It has an auto shut off feature to save energy
- The heating platform is of high-quality stainless steel
- It has two shelves to accommodate bottles and small accessories like nipples and bottle lids
- Sterilization takes only 6 minutes
#5. Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
It protects your baby by killing 99.9% of harmful bacteria inside the sterilization pot. Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer can sterilize up to four bottles at one time.
Lightweight microwave sterilizer that fits in a microwave. While travelling you can carry this sterilizer. Safe to handle due to the stay cool safety grip. It can sterilize all baby feeding bottles and accessories like breast pumps and feeding cups.
- Ultra-light and compact in size
- Spacious sterilizer is in great demand; one of the best selling baby bottle sterilizers
- The material of the container is BPA free so it is safe
- It effectively sterilizes bottles in just 2 minutes and makes them 99.9% germ-free
- The water level in the sterilizer must be optimum otherwise it will damage the bottles
- Microwave is a necessity in order to use this baby bottle sterilizer. So, microwave must be in a good running condition.
#6. Chicco Sterilizer 3-in-1 Baby Bottle Sterilizer
It is a modern equipment with a digital display. Chicco Sterilizer 3 in 1 has the fastest cycle of sterilizing the bottles. Chicco is a renowned brand in baby products.
There are three modes of sterilization in this equipment namely compact mode, time-saving mode, and full-sized mode. The digital screen keeps track of all functions. There are no chemical additives required for its operation. It works on high-temperature steam to kill germs.
- Size is adjustable according to the requirement
- Sterilizes 6 bottles at one go (in just 5 minutes)
- Works on 25% less electricity as compared to others
- Keeps the bottles germs-free for 24 hours after sterilization
- It has separate racks for cleaning bottles and accessories
- Price is high but worth each penny
- It is not dishwasher safe
#7. Chicco Sterilizer 2-in-1 Sterilizer for Baby Bottles
Chicco Sterilizer 2 in 1 is an electrical baby bottle sterilizer that works on high-temperature steam produced in an enclosed container. This appliance is efficient in killing bacteria and viruses.
This natural sterilizer kills 99.9 % of harmful germs with very little effort. It takes only 5 minutes to sterilize 6 baby feeding bottles. The appliance is made from BPA free plastic.
- Disinfects bottles in 5 minutes and shuts off automatically
- It is simple in functioning making it convenient for busy parents
- Cleaning is easy and effortless
- The objects like breast pumps, bottle and nipples remain sterile for more than 24 hours inside the unopened unit
- Price is high as compared to other similar products
- It smells of milk after constant use, so descaling should be done using vinegar-water (50:50) solution
#8. SToK 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
It is a unique sterilizer with an adjustable feature. This way one can sterilize small, medium and large bottles. It comes with a 10-month warranty.
SToK is not a very famous brand but it provides lots of features in reasonable price. Ideal for 6 baby feeding bottles and sterilizing baby feeding bottle accessories.
The sanitation cycle completes in 8 minutes. There is a capacity to hold 6 bottles at a time. The sterilizer is perfect to keep your baby away from all water-borne diseases.
- Sterilization cycle is fast i.e. just 8 minutes
- BPA free material makes it safe for your kid
- 10-month warranty
- The lid is a loose fit, so kids should be kept away from the unit at all times
- Not portable due to its size and weight
- It is not dishwasher safe
#9. Tiny Shell Baby Bottle Sterilizer
It is a good product at the best prices. It quickly performs all the sterilization functions thus saving a lot of electricity. The design of Tiny Shell electric steam baby plastic bottle sterilizer is a space saver. It is simple to use and easy to clean. It sterilizes bottles, teats, toys and breast pumps.
- Light-weight (980 gm), easy to carry
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses
- Water used for sterilization is just 75 ml
- Cycle completes in only 8 minutes
- It is not dishwasher safe
#10. U-Grow Baby Feeding Bottle Sterilizer
It is a European brand of sterilization equipment that ensures safety and quality for the newborn baby. U-Grow baby bottle sterilizer has a capacity to sterilize 6 bottles and its accessories. Auto power-off feature is its USP that saves electricity. The electricity consumption of the unit is just 500 W. The unit is very easy to maintain and cleaning can be done in minutes.
- Easy to operate
- A pair of tongs comes as an accessory with the unit
- The quality of the material is BPA free. It is highly durable
- Its quick 8-minute cycle is a boon when the baby is hungry
- It is quite affordable and the prices are competitive as compared to other brands
What is a Baby Bottle Sterilizer?
Baby Bottle Sterilizer is an electric product easily available online to sterilize baby feeding bottles and baby feeding bottle accessories. Baby bottle sterilizers thoroughly clean nipples, bottles, caps, etc.
These sterilizers work on the principle that high temperature steam kills germs and bacteria. There are different types of bottle sterilizers available in the market to give a germ-free feed to your baby.
With a variety of electric steam sterilizers online, we have the advantage of selecting the best baby bottle sterilizer.
Types of Sterilizers for Baby Bottles
- Steam Sterilizer – The most preferred sterilizer is electric steam sterilizer. It functions on the steam generated inside the unit that runs on electricity. The cost of such products may be on the higher end. It has a variant called microwave sterilizer.
- U/V Rays Sterilizer – It is a compact device that treats bottles and accessories with ultraviolet rays and makes them germ-free. The unit uses two AAA batteries, kills the bacteria in blue ultraviolet light emitted during a 5-minute procedure. It is easy to use, portable and a lightweight sterilizer. But the size of the device is small so it is required to disassemble every part of the bottle to sterilize it.
- Cold Water Sterilizer – Another unique solution is tablets that are immersed in a container of cold water to soak the feeding bottles. It is a convenient method that can be applied anywhere while traveling also. The solution produced by immersing the tablet can actively work for 24 hours. The best thing is that the results are equivalent to the use of other products.
Advantages of using a Baby Bottle Sterilizer
Hygiene is a major concern for a parent. So, a baby bottle sterilizer machine is the best option to keep your baby away from contaminated feeding bottles.
It is advantageous in many ways:-
- It sterilizes bottles and nipples which are not thoroughly cleaned by soap and water.
- Supply water in most areas harbors bacteria and protozoa. The weak immune system of a baby cannot form a barrier to diseases.
- Many water-borne diseases like Diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to infected milk bottles.
- Cleaning of bottles is time-consuming and cumbersome, especially for a working mother. So, investing in a good sterilizer saves a lot of time and ensures good health for the baby.
Read More : Best Baby Feeding Bottles in India
Best Electric Steam Sterilizer Brands in India 2023
In this section, I have provided a list of best electric steam sterilizer brands in India based on my research.
|Electric Steam Sterilizers||Sterilization Time||Bottle Capacity||Warranty|
|1. Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer||6 Mins||6 Bottles||2 Years|
|2. R for Rabbit Electric Baby Bottle 2-in-1 Steam Sterilizer||9 Mins||6 Bottles||N/A|
|3. Trumom Electric Steam Sterilizer & Food Steamer||9 Mins||6 Bottles||1 Year|
|4. Philips Avent 2-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer||6 Mins||5 Bottles||2 Years|
|5. Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer||7 Mins||4 Bottles||2 Years|
|6. Chicco Sterilizer 3-in-1 Baby Bottle Sterilizer||5 Mins||6 Bottles||N/A|
|7. Chicco Sterilizer 2-in-1 Baby Bottle Sterilizer||5 Mins||6 Bottles||N/A|
|8. SToK 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer||8 Mins||6 Bottles||1 Year|
|9. Tiny Shell Baby Bottle Sterilizer||8 Mins||6 Bottles||1 Year|
|10. U-Grow Baby Feeding Bottle Sterilizer||5 Mins||6 Bottles||1 Year|
Why is it necessary to Sterilize Baby Milk Feeding Bottles?
The necessity of sterilizing a feeding bottle after every use is important. The immune system of infants is weak and they can contract many infections through the digestive tract. Viruses, bacteria, and parasites grow enormously in a used milk bottle.
Even traces of milk particles that are left in the washed bottles are harmful. Here, baby bottle electric steam sterilizer comes to your rescue. They are designed to ease your work and lessen your efforts.
Let’s go ahead and dig deep into bottle sterilizers.
Importance of using a Baby Bottle Sterilizer
The immune system of a baby is strong enough to fight against infection. He or she is susceptible to illness and can contract diseases. Therefore, it is needed to make the milk formula in a clean and sterilized bottle.
Soaking milk bottles in hot water for 30 minutes works well for removing bacteria and viruses. However, this method results in wastage of other resources. Baby bottle sterilizers and warmers quickly (within few minutes) sterilize and kill 99% of the germs.
Read More : Best Breast Pumps for Mothers in India
Factors to consider while buying Baby Bottle Steam Sterilizer
One question that traps you often is “How to choose a baby bottle sterilizer?”
The functionality and usability of the product depend on its features. Many parameters need to be evaluated before buying a bottle sterilizer.
Let us have a quick look at the buyer’s guide for best baby bottle sterilizers:-
- Type – Selecting the type of sterilizer should be the top most priority. A microwave sterilizer is a good cheap option. However, only 2-3 bottles can be sterilized at a time. Choose electric bottle sterilizer if you want to sterilize more than 3 bottles at a time.
- Capacity – A sterilizer with a large storage area (big in size) is a good option to buy. It can clean, sterilize as well as dry essential feeding containers or breast pumps. Some baby toys like teethers and pacifiers made from BPA free plastic can be sterilized too.
- Usability – The design of a sterilizer should be ergonomic. Sterilizer should be easy to use and easy to carry around.
- Features – It must have an auto-off feature to automatically shut the unit when the function is complete. Even signal that warns against “hot to touch” is an add-on. The drying feature is not included in all sterilizers. So, it is your choice to add this feature to your buying options.
- Portability – A sterilizer that will not occupy kitchen space is a good option. It must be portable and easily carried to another room to reduce efforts when needed.
- Price – U/v bottle sterilizers are the most affordable option. Electric baby bottle sterilizers or microwave sterilizers have prices on the higher end.
Final Talk – Best Electric Sterilizer for Baby Bottles in India 2023
Electric or microwave sterilizer, both have their pros and cons. It is a brief description that will help you to zero-in on buying the best baby bottle sterilizer online in India.
Here’s the list of Best Electric Sterilizer for Baby Bottles in India.
- Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
- R for Rabbit Peter Fighter Plus – Electric Baby Bottle 2-in-1 Steam Sterilizer for Infants
- Trumom Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Chicco 3-in-1 Sterilizer – Baby Bottle Sterilizer
FAQs on Electric Steam Sterilizers
Sterilizing bottles in a microwave sterilizer is not completely safe. If the water level of the container is not optimum, it doesn’t give the best results. Also, there is a certain way in which the bottles are needed to be placed to get complete benefit.
The main reason for sterilizing baby bottles is to disinfect them from germs and bacteria.
It works on high-temperature steam that kills germs and bacteria adhering to feeding bottles and nipples. In an electric sterilizer, put cleaned bottles and accessories upside down without touching each other. After putting the lid back, switch it on and voila! The bottles are ready for use after the machine auto shuts.
A traditional way to clean bottles is boiling the bottles in a large pot of water for about 30 minutes.
Precaution is better than cure. If the germs are killed before entering the baby’s gut, it is a good idea to keep your little one out of danger.
Absolutely, these new technology sterilizers are safest for your baby. They save a lot of time and effort without compromising on the health.
The answer to this question is 24 hours. A bottle can stay sterile for up to 24 hours in a sterilizer before the lid is opened. The bottles are suggested to sterilize after every use, repeatedly. Maintaining hygiene towards these products would help to build a healthy baby.
No, all sterilizers are not safe to use in a dishwasher as they are an electrical appliance. It is recommended to read the manual before doing so.
Other topics you might like:-
- Best Baby Products Online in India
- Effective Baby Diaper Rash Creams in India
- Best Baby High Chairs in India
- Best Baby Cots Cribs Beds in India