Are you looking for baby feeding bottle nipple teat?
Do you know which is the best baby feeding bottle nipple brand in India?
How many bottle nipples you need?
The selection of feeding bottle nipples can be a daunting task as it depends on the size, number of holes, flow, type of bottle, etc. As new parents, such questions can be really confusing.
This article aims to provide detailed information and helps you in choosing the right baby feeding bottle nipple for your little one.
Types of Baby Feeding Bottle Nipples
There are eight types of feeding bottle nipples teats available in India.
- Silicone Nipples – Silicone nipples are very popular. Being strong and durable, it prevents the nipple from getting leaked. Also, they are easily washable in a dishwasher. Besides, you can sterilize silicone nipples.
- Latex Nipples – Like latex pacifiers, latex nipples are also soft. So, it gives the feeling of a mother’s skin to the babies. Yet, some babies may be allergic to latex. So, regular replacement is necessary.
- Natural Nipples – Natural nipples have the natural shape of a mother’s nipple. So, this is ideal to use when you are ending breastfeeding.
- Vented Nipples – When babies gulp too much air when bottle feeding, they may have colic or gas pain. Vented nipples have a small hole in the nipple. So, it stops forming air bubbles in the bottle. Thus, it helps babies not to gulp too much air during bottle feeding. Some brands even name them anti-colic nipples. So, it is also the best pacifier for a gassy baby.
- Orthodontic Nipples – Orthodontic nipples prevent too much pressure on your baby’s teeth. Also, it protects your baby’s gums.
- Multi-flow Nipples – Multi-flow nipples allow you to use different types of liquids. You can use them for milk, fruit juices or even formula. So, you do not have to go for small or large hole nipples. So, multi-flow nipples are cost-effective.
- Nipples for Cleft Lips – There are special nipples available in India for cleft lips. These nipples help babies with cleft lips to have a controlled flow of liquid.
- Traditional Nipples – Traditional nipples are the most common nipples in India. They come with a narrow base. These nipples cause a slow flow of milk. So, many consider these as the best nipples for newborn babies.
Are there different sizes of Baby Feeding Bottle Nipples?
There are multiple feeding bottle nipples sizes. These are based on the flow of the liquid and the age of the baby.
Size-1 nipples come with a tiny hole. These nipples help in the slow flow of liquid. So, these nipples are good for newborn babies up to 6 months. Size-2, Size-3, and Size-4 nipples have a larger hole. They can have medium or faster flow. These are ideal for babies above 6 months old.
What to look for when buying Baby Feeding Nipples or Teats?
You need to follow a few guidelines for buying the best feeding nipple for baby bottles.
- The material of the baby bottle nipple – Feeding bottle nipples can be of silicone, latex or plastic. Although latex nipples are softer, they tend to wear out fast. While buying plastic nipples, avoid buying feeding bottle nipples with BPA.
- The shape of the baby bottle nipple – Try buying the right shape of the baby bottle nipple. It should fit into your baby’s mouth. Orthodontic nipples lie flat in your baby’s mouth. Rounded shapes of the nipples make it feel more like a mom’s breast.
- Flow speed – Buy the feeding bottle nipple with the correct flow speed. Moreover, choose the flow speed as per your baby’s age and suction power.
- Easy to clean – Go for the baby bottle nipples that are easy to clean. Besides, ensure that you can sterilize them.
1. Philips Avent Natural Teat for Feeding Bottle
Philips Avent Natural nipples are designed to help babies combine breast and bottle feeding. The nipple’s shape is similar to the shape of a breast, and its soft, rounded nipple encourages natural latch on. A unique petal design increases flexibility and helps prevent nipple collapse while your baby feeds. Also, the advanced, twin anti-colic valves keep air in the bottle and out of baby’s tummies, making feeding more comfortable. The nipples are made of soft, durable silicone which are BPA free.
2. LuvLap Anti-Colic Natura Flo Teat Nipple for Feeding Bottle
LuvLap Natura Flo teats are 100% silicone (made from food grade material) and have an anti-colic valve that vents air into the bottle, preventing any air from entering the baby’s tummy. The teat has grooves at the tip which encourage peristaltic suckling while the wide base helps the baby get a natural latch similar to that on the mother’s breast. This helps easy transition between breastfeeding & bottle feeding. The grooved teats and superior silicone quality ensure no nipple collapse helping in an uninterrupted feed. These baby nipples or teats are 100% sterilizable and BPA free.
3. Pigeon Peristalic Baby Feeding Bottle Nipple
Pigeon soft touch peristaltic baby nipples allow baby to use natural motion learned at the breast. It comes with super elastic and ultra-soft silicone which encourages the baby to use natural sucking pattern. This nipple for baby is made from 100% safe food grade material which is BPA free. The design ensures to minimize colic effect. Silicone baby nipple is super soft and flexible.
Be rest assured, Pigeon baby products promote baby’s healthy growth and the happiness of mother and family through development innovation. For over a half-century, Pigeon has worked tirelessly to develop beneficial maternity and baby care products for easy and enjoyable use.
4. Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Silicone Nipple
Some of you might not have heard about Dr. Brown’s baby brand. Best rest assured; it is one of the best baby feeding bottle and nipple brands. Their products are Made in USA.
Dr. Brown’s silicone baby nipple is made of super soft, high-grade silicone that provides air free feeding that reduces uncomfortable gas building up in baby’s tummy. It promotes vacuum-free feeding for better sleeping. Certainly, help mothers to combat windy colic.
5. Chicco Anti-Colic Teat for Baby Feeding Bottle
Chicco’s PHYSIO teat has a symmetrical, elongated and flattened shape to simulate the mother’s breast reshaped by the baby’s sucking that helps facilitate baby’s acceptance, favoring the peristaltic movement of the tongue during feeding. The anti-colic valve at the base of the teat prevents the ingestion of air thus reducing the risk of colic enabling smooth and relaxed feeding.
Final Word – Best Teat Nipple for Feeding Bottles in India
Baby feeding is an important task. Initially, the baby gets use to breast feeding but as the baby grows sometimes parents find it difficult to move to feeding bottles. Hence, the selection of feeding bottle is important and so is choosing baby nipples or teats.
Baby nipples or teats are made from 100% safe food grade material which are soft and flexible. These teats are designed in such a way that it reduces the risk of colic enabling smooth and relaxed feeding.
Parents are advised to buy baby nipples of the same brand as that of the feeding bottle. This is because the same brand nipples fit the best in the bottle and prevent any sort of fluid leakage. Also, keep in mind to purchase extra set of nipples so that you don’t have to go through the hassle of frequent sterilization and cleaning.
Other Articles you might like
- Baby Bottle Sterilizers in India
- Best Breast Pumps in India
- Best Feeding Bottles in India
- Baby Teethers in India
- Best Baby Pacifiers in India
- Best Baby Bottle Liquid Cleanser in India