What are the best baby powders available online in India?
Are baby powders safe to use?
Being a new parent brings loads of responsibilities. At the same time, it also comes with a lot of questions. One of the most important questions is – Which product is best for baby skin?
Talking about baby skin, you want to use safe baby products for your baby. So, if you want to buy baby powder, you will go for the best baby powder. Before that, you need to ask yourself some vital questions. Which baby powder is best for a newborn baby? Is baby powder safe? Which baby powder is best in India?
We have some good news for you. We have all the information you are looking for. So, you need to do two simple things. At first, you need to devote some time to learn more about baby powders. Second, you need to choose the best baby powder from our list.
So, let’s start.
Best Baby Powder for Summer in India 2023
This section of the article provides information on best baby powder for summer in India. Read the reviews and product summaries to make an informed decision.
1. Himalaya Baby Powder – (400 Grams)
Himalaya is a reputed and trusted brand in India. Their health products are safe. Moreover, their baby products have gained the trust of the parents. Himalaya Baby Powder keeps your baby cool. Besides, its soft talc does not block skin pores.
Himalaya baby powder review has been good so far. Besides, this talcum powder has got the goodness of Vitamin E. So, it helps to keep your baby’s skin soft. All in all, Himalaya baby powder is a reliable baby powder at a reasonable rate.
- Ingredients: Soft Talc, Olive oil, Almond Oil, Khus Grass, Natural Zinc
- Free from Parabens
- Free from synthetics
2. The Moms Co Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder – (100 Grams)
The Moms Co. is an Australian company. The company claims its products to be toxin-free. So, their baby products are safe to use. The Moms Co. Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder contains natural corn starch. Besides, this baby powder has many natural ingredients.
The Moms Co. Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder is a baby powder without talcum powder. Moreover, this baby powder moisturizes the skin. Beside it treats mild irritations. So, this talc-free baby powder is perfect for newborn babies.
- Natural Ingredients: Corn Starch, Organic Chamomile Oil, Jojoba Oil, Calendula Oil
- Free from Parabens
- Free from synthetics and other chemicals
3. Mee Mee Baby Powder Fresh Feel – (500 Grams)
Mee Mee is another popular brand for baby products. They have a wide range of baby products. Mee Mee Baby Powder keeps your baby fresh. Moreover, you can use it in nappy areas. The talc in Mee Mee Baby Powder is safe for baby’s skin.
The best thing about Mee Mee Baby Powder is that it is very light. So, your baby feels comfortable with this baby powder. It is also a good option for summer powder for babies.
- Ingredients: Talc, Fragrance
- Tested by dermatologists
4. Sebamed Baby Powder – (200 Grams)
Sebamed is a world-famous company. This German brand has been producing skincare products for more than 50 years. All Sebamed products come with a pH value of 5.5. So, they are safe to use on skin.Likewise, Sebamed baby powder soothes the baby’s skin and prevents nappy rash.
Sebamed Powder for baby keeps the baby’s skin dry and soft. Moreover, it helps in treating skin irritation and dryness. Besides, you can use the baby powder once your baby turns one month old. Thus, Sebamed baby powder is the best baby talcum powder.
- Ingredients: Talc, Olive Oil, Allantoin
- Botanical smell
5. Mamaearth Dusting Baby Powder – (150 Grams)
Mamamearth needs no introduction in the market of baby products. The brand has gained trust with their safe skin-care and baby products. Mamaearth dusting powder is a non-talc baby powder that is safe on the baby’s skin. Besides, the natural products in this baby powder have great benefits.
Mamaearth dusting powder is the best option for sensitive skin. The organic oatmeal keeps the baby’s skin soft. Moreover, Lavender oil keeps the skin smooth. All in all, this natural baby powder protects your baby’s delicate skin.
- Natural Ingredients: Organic Oatmeal, Corn Starch, Arrowroot Powder, Lavender Oil
- from SLS-free
- Free from synthetics
6. Pigeon Baby Powder with Fragrance – (500 Grams)
Pigeon is a famous brand for baby products. The USP of Pigeon brand is the quality of their products. Pigeon Baby Powder is one of the best baby powders online in India. This baby powder has essential botanical extracts. Moreover, the sweet fragrance is soothing for the babies.
Pigeon Baby Powder gives a refreshing feeling to the babies. Besides, it keeps the baby’s skin soft and smooth. Not only that, you can use this baby powder to prevent nappy rash.
- Ingredients: Chamomile, Organic Olive Oil, Rosehip, Fruit Oil
- Tested by dermatologists
7. Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder for Babies – (100 Grams)
This reputed-brand produces products with natural ingredients. Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder is a non-talc baby powder. Moreover, it has got corn starch and arrowroot powder. So, it keeps your baby’s skin moisture-free.
This dusting powder does not have any harmful effects on the baby’s skin. Besides, this is also a baby powder for rash. Moreover, you can use this product for newborn babies. Also, this can be the best baby powder for summer. So, in short, Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder is safe to use.
- Natural Ingredients: Corn Starch, Arrowroot, Aloe Vera, Tulsi
- Free from Parabens & Silicons
- 100% Ayurvedic
8. Mothercare All We Know Baby Powder – (150 Grams)
Mothercare is another popular brand of baby products. They sell a wide range of baby products. Mothercare All We Know Baby Powder is good for baby’s skin. Moreover, this baby powder keeps your baby’s skin dry and soft.
This baby powder is a good-quality product. So, it has received amazing reviews online. Thus, you can rely on this baby powder for your baby’s delicate skin.
- Ingredients: Sunflower Chamomile and Flower Extracts
- Free from Parabens
9. Forest Essentials Baby Body Powder – (100 Grams)
Forest Essentials is an Ayurvedic company. So their products are safe to use on baby’s delicate skin. Forest Essentials Dasapushpadi Baby Body Powder is talc-free baby powder. Moreover, this Ayurvedic baby powder has many natural products. As a result, this baby body powder comes with great benefits.
This natural baby powder keeps your baby’s skin smooth. Moreover, it prevents skin rashes and dryness. All in all, it is one of the best talc-free baby powders in India. Although the cost of this baby powder is high, this product is worth every penny.
- Natural Ingredients: Corn Starch, Arrowroot Powder, Kokum Butter, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil
- 100% Ayurvedic
10. Chicco Talcum Baby Powder – (300 Grams)
Chicco is a reliable brand for baby products. This talcum baby powder has soothing effects. Besides, this baby powder prevents any type of skin irritation. Moreover, it is safe to use on baby’s delicate skin.
Chicco Talcum Powder keeps your baby fresh. Moreover, unlike other talcum powder, it does not clog pores. Also, it is non-toxic talcum powder. So, it does not harm the skin. Besides, it protects the skin from rashes. Also, it is the best talcum powder for summer.
- Ingredients: Talc, Rice Starch, Castor Oil
- Free from Parabens
- Free from SLS
11. Nature’s Baby Organics Dusting Baby Powders – (113 Grams)
Nature’s Baby Organics is a USA-based baby brand. They specialize in organic baby products. Nature’s Baby Organics dusting baby powder has got amazing benefits. Since it is organic talc-free baby powder, you can take it as the best baby powder for the newborn.
Nature’s Baby Organics dusting powder is an amazing product. It does not make the skin dry. Also, it treats the cracked skin. Besides, it helps in nourishing the baby’s skin. So, this organic baby powder is an ideal product.
- Natural Ingredients: Organic Chamomile, Tapioca Starch, Echinacea, Organic Aloe, Chamomile
- USDA- Certified
- 100% Organic
Do Babies need Powder?
The first question a mother needs to know is whether babies need powder. There are two reasons for using baby powder for your baby. First, baby powder prevents diaper rash. Second, baby powder keeps your baby dry and fresh. Yet, the Doctor may not recommend baby powder for newborn babies. So, you need to consult a Doctor before using baby powder.
Are Baby Powders Safe for Babies?
Baby powders are safe as long as they do not have any toxins in them. Yet, it is important to check the ingredients in baby powder. So, you need to be careful while choosing baby powder. Besides, you need to make sure that your bay does not inhale the baby powder. In short, be vigilant before buying any baby product.
Difference between Baby Powder & Talcum Powder
- Talcum powder contains talc. Talc helps in the absorption of moisture. Thus, talcum powder keeps the skin dry. But, the baby powder may or may not contain talc. There is a good deal of talcum powder brands in India.
- Baby powder may contain corn starch. But talcum powder does not contain corn starch. Yet, many brands combine talc and corn starch in baby powder. Some baby powder brands are making natural and organic baby powder.
- Inhaling talcum powder may have some health hazards. But baby powder containing corn starch is safe to inhale. Yet, inhaling it in large quantities may have a negative effect.
Different Types of Baby Powders
There are three types of baby powders based on the ingredients.
- Generic or Talc Baby Powder
- Natural or Non-talc Baby Powder
- Organic Baby Powder
Find below the details about each type of baby powder.
Generic or Talc Baby Powder – Talc baby powder contains talc. Talc is a safe mineral for the skin. Yet, talc that contains asbestos is harmful to the skin. So, make sure to choose a reliable baby brand.
Natural or Non-talc Baby Powder – Since inhaling talc is not safe; many prefer to go for non-talc products. Natural baby powder has natural ingredients. So, the natural baby powder does not have harmful effects on a baby’s delicate skin.
Organic Baby Powder – Due to excessive processing natural products may lose their benefits. So, many people go for organic baby products. Organic baby powder contains 100% organic ingredients. Moreover, organic baby powders are chemical-free. Thus, these baby powders are safe to use on baby’s skin.
List of Best Baby Powders in India 2023
In this section, I have provided a list of best baby powders in India based on my research.
|1. Himalaya Baby Powder||400 gms|
|2. The Moms Co Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder||100 gms|
|3. Mee Mee Baby Powder Fresh Feel||500 gms|
|4. Sebamed Baby Powder||200 gms|
|5. Mamaearth Dusting Baby Powder||150 gms|
|6. Pigeon Baby Powder with Fragrance||500 gms|
|7. Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder||100 gms|
|8. Mothercare All We Know Baby Powder||150 gms|
|9. Forest Essentials Baby Body Powder||100 gms|
|10. Chicco Talcum Baby Powder||300 gms|
|11. Nature’s Baby Organics Dusting Baby Powder||113 gms|
Main ingredients of Baby Powders
You may find the following ingredients in baby powder.
Talc helps in diaper rash and keeps the baby’s skin moisture-free in summer. As stated earlier, talc is a safe mineral to use on the baby’s skin. So, generic baby powder has talc as its main ingredient.
Corn starch is an excellent ingredient in baby powder. It is a food-based ingredient. Moreover, it has larger particles that are safe for babies.
Arrowroot powder is safe for baby’s skin. It does not create any irritation. Besides, it keeps skin moisture-free.
Oatmeal is another safe ingredient in baby powder. It keeps the skin dry for a long time.
Chamomile is good for diaper rash. Besides, it has a soothing effect on the baby’s skin. Baby powder may contain chamomile in oil or powder form.
Calendula Flower Powder
Calendula helps in nappy rash. Moreover, it even helps to control perspiration.
Marshmallow Root Powder
Marshmallow has anti-bacterial properties. Besides, it has a nice fragrance.
Aloe Vera absorbs the moisture without making the skin too dry. Furthermore, it keeps the baby’s skin soft and smooth.
Sodium Bicarbonate or Baking Soda
Baking soda is effective in preventing nappy rash.
Argan oil is very good for the skin. It is a natural source of Vitamin E.
Plantain Leaf Powder
Plantain leaf is good for sensitive skin. Moreover, it has a soothing effect on skin rashes. So, an organic baby powder may have this as an ingredient.
Kaolin clay is a mineral that is good to keep skin dry. Many popular cosmetic brands in India use this ingredient.
Essential oils keep the baby’s skin soft. Moreover, the natural fragrance of these oils has soothing effects. So, you can find various essential oils in baby powders. Baby powders may have Lavender oil, rose oil, and violet oil, etc.
Olive or Almond oil does not let the skin become dry. So, some baby powder may contain olive or almond oil.
Khus grass has soothing properties.
How do I choose Baby Powder?
You need to follow the below guidelines to choose the best baby powder.
- Chemical-free – You don’t want to have harsh effects of chemicals on your baby. So, make sure that the baby powder does not have any chemicals. Moreover, make sure it does not contain asbestos. Besides, go for baby powder which is free from parabens or dyes.
- Hypoallergenic – Hypoallergenic baby powders are mild on the skin. Besides, it does not cause any skin irritations. So, it is best to go for hypoallergenic baby powders.
- Fragrance-free – Baby powder with fragrance may contain chemicals. Besides, it may cause some discomfort to the baby. So, you should go for unscented baby powders. Yet, an organic baby powder may have fragrance due to essential oils. So, they are safe to use.
- Organic vs Natural – Natural baby powders contain natural ingredients. But those may go through many processing that might kill their benefits. But, organic baby powders keep the goodness of natural ingredients.
- Brand Reliability – You should go for a trusted brand while choosing baby products. Yet, it does not matter whether they are old or new. But they should deliver safe and quality baby products.
Final Talk – Best Baby Powder for Newborns in India 2023
As shown above, you should go for baby powders that are safe and beneficial. But do not forget to consult your baby’s Pediatrician. Are you still confused with the question of which is the best baby powder in India? Let us make it simpler for you.
Here’s the list of Best Baby Powder for Newborns in India.
- The Moms Co. Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder
- Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder
- Mothercare All We Know Baby Powder
- Forest Essentials Baby Body Powder
- Nature’s Baby Organics Dusting Baby Powder
We will be happy to assist you further. So, do leave a comment for any query on any baby product.
FAQs on Baby Powders
Newborns might have respiratory problems with the baby powder. So, it is better to wait at least for a week or two. But be sure to take Doctor’s advice before using baby powder.
Take a small quantity of baby powder on your palm. Then rub both the palms. After that, rub the baby powder gently on the baby’s skin. Make sure that your baby does not inhale the powder.
You can apply baby powder to the diaper area. Besides, you can apply the powder on the baby’s neck and underarms.
Asbestos in talcum powder is harmful. So, you should check if a baby powder has asbestos or not. Besides, the baby powder should not contain parabens or dye.
You can use corn starch, arrowroot powder or oat flour. Besides, sandalwood powder is also a good option.
Other topics you might like:
- Best Baby Creams in India
- Baby Soaps (Organic & Natural) in India
- Best Baby Body Lotions in India
- Massage Oils for Babies in India
- Best Baby Feeding Bottles in India