What is a massage gun? What is the difference between a massage gun and a body massager? Which is the best massage gun in India?
Which brand of massage gun is the best? How do I choose a Massage Gun?
This buying guide on massage gun will answer all such questions. So, read this guide till the end to make an informed decision.
Let’s get started.
Massage is essential if you are involved in activities like fitness, weightlifting, running, or sports. After physical training, one may feel muscle soreness, tiredness, fatigue or pain. A professional massage session is need to get rid of these. Unfortunately, these sessions are expensive and everyone can’t afford to spend money constantly in such types of massage sessions. It’s much economical to buy massage equipment that can do the same work. Yes, you get it right. I am talking about a vibration massage gun / machine.
These days, massage guns are gaining huge popularity with fitness freaks as it is a great way to get rid of aching or tired muscles after an intense workout. Percussion massage guns are effective, portable, easy to use, and affordable in price. These handheld massage machines have rechargeable lithium batteries so you can carry them along with you. Furthermore, these deep tissue muscle massagers aid in speedy recovery. Indeed, it is a one time investment.
This guide features massagers that not only help you warm up for and recover from your workouts but also have valuable features that justify their price. Let’s dive deep into the article to uncover some of the best deep tissue muscle massage guns in India.
What is a Massage Gun?
A massage gun is an electronic handheld device that applies pulses of concentrated pressure deep into your muscle tissue. Deep tissue massage helps in eliminating knots and tension out of the muscles, improves the blood circulation, and quickly enhances the motion range.
Massage guns offer soothing power of massage with benefits including decreased strain, stress, pain, tension, and enhanced flexibility.
Percussion deep tissue muscle massagers shorten the muscle recovery time hence they are gaining huge popularity in the fitness world. Even if you are doing intense martial arts workouts it can also help in relieving muscle tension and soreness.
Best Deep Tissue Body Massage Gun in India
This section provides in-depth information on product description, features, pros & cons of best massage guns in India. Surely, this information will help you to make an informed decision.
#1. AGARO Polo Deep Tissue Percussion Massage Gun for Muscle Soreness & Recovery
Presenting AGARO Polo Deep Tissue Percussion massage gun for muscle soreness & recovery. The massager comes with 5 changeable heads for massaging different areas of the body. It offers 6 speed settings so that you can choose massager intensity as per your body type. The cordless massager with a rechargeable battery ensures hassle free usage.
The battery (2000 mAh) gets fully charged in just 3 hours. The cordless massage gun has digital LED display with touch switch to increase or lower the different gears. Fully charged massage gun will last up to 3-4 hours (depending upon use).
- Percussion Technology – allows to penetrate deep into the tissue
- High frequency vibration helps to reduce muscle stiffness & pain
- Helps in muscle recovery
- Increases blood circulation
- 5 massage head attachments to customize professional-grade muscle therapy
- 6 massage modes
- 6 speed settings
- Cordless massager with rechargeable battery
- Low noise operation
#2. WOMIKOL Massage Gun / Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager for Pain Relief / Handheld Electric Body Massager
This handheld massage gun has a powerful motor to provide strong power. It can relieve the muscle ache after exercise, reduce muscle rigidity, reduce fatigue, effectively relax the body and make you become healthier. It’s high-precision design makes the machine head and the body tightly connected thereby reducing the noise during the operation by smooth sliding.
This muscle massager gun is designed with ventilation mechanism, equipped with motor cushioning, sound insulation board and noise reduction shell to reduce noise by 30%.
- Ergonomic design for easy usage
- 4 different heads:-
- Round head for full body
- U Shape head for Cervical Vertebrae
- Flat head for large muscle groups
- Taper head for deep tissue massage
- Promotes muscle warm-up and recovery
- Encourages blood circulation
- Relieves muscle soreness and stiffness
- Relieve physical fatigue
- Powerful massage gun
- Low noise during use
- Long battery life
#3. BELIONERA Massage Gun for Deep Tissue Muscles / Percussion Muscle Massager / Handheld Massage Device
Belionera Massage Gun is designed to relax the muscles with its advanced hammering style vibration design during discomforts, workout and exercise. This physical therapy gun improves the overall concerns related to the muscles assisting in overall muscle toning.
This handheld percussion muscle massage gun has 6 speeds and a very powerful percussion vibration giving you from 1200 to 3200 frequency professionally designed strokes per minute specifically for different parts. It has an ergonomic & sweat-proof anti-slip silicone grip that minimizes external vibrations for added comfort.
- Myofascial massage gun
- High performance and energy saving massage gun
- Quiet glide technology
- Switchable heads (4 heads are provided)
- 6 speed levels
- 15 minutes auto-off
- 4 hours of run time
- Low noise level (35 – 50 dB)
- High performance brushless motor
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Anti-drop shell; no damage
- Portable and convenient
#4. Caresmith CHARGE Percussion Massage Gun / Deep Tissue Body Massage Machine for Pain Relief / Massager Machine for Body
Caresmith Charge is a scientifically calibrated hand-held body massager that uses advanced percussion therapy to release pain, muscle stiffness and soreness. It is a one-stop solution to your massaging requirement. This device can be used anywhere on your body to treat the aches, soreness and stiffness. The advanced percussion therapy will ensure deep penetration into your muscle reinventing the idea of a perfect massage.
With one simple touch you can increase or decrease the intensity of your massage. Caresmith Charge Massage Gun has 20 intensity levels, ranging from 1800 to 3300 strokes per minute each catering to customized requirement.
- State of the Art Technology
- Ergonomic, cordless, ultra light
- Activate dormant muscle groups
- Speedy muscle recovery
- Powerful motor
- 6 heads for massage
- One button operation
- Long lasting battery life (2500 mAh)
- Low noise operation
- LCD display for battery and intensity
#5. Allextreme HF-280 Cordless Handheld Percussion Massage Gun / Deep Tissue Massager
Allextreme HF-280 Cordless Handheld Percussion Massage Gun is designed to relax the muscles with its advanced hammering style vibration design during discomforts, workout and exercise. This physical therapy gun improves the overall concerns related to the muscles assisting in overall muscle toning. Besides, the ergonomically designed anti-slip silicone grip minimizes external vibrations on the hands for added comfort during extended hours use.
The percussion deep tissue massager has 24 V high-torque 55 mm diameter brushless motor and most advanced brushless motor technology (30-55 dB) to let you enjoy perfect muscle relaxation without worrying about noise.
- Professional & multi-functional massage gun
- Reduces muscle stiffness, relieves soreness and rejuvenates the body quickly
- 6 speed modes
- 4 massage heads
- Anti-sweat slip
- Low noise operation
- Cordless and rechargeable lithium battery (2000 mAh)
#6. Dr Physio Supervolt 1023 Gun Massager for Deep Tissue Muscle Massage, Body Relaxation and Pain Relief
Dr Physio Gun Massager for Deep Tissue Muscles is a simple, easy, portable, and powerful self-massage tool that gives you options for customizing your massage as per your needs. It has everything that is needed in a personal deep tissue massager. This deep tissue percussive massage device is designed to target sore muscles with high-speed pulses for a speedy recovery.
This massage gun can be used before starting a workout (helps to warm up the muscles) and after a workout (helps to decrease tightness and soreness). Moreover, this gun can improve the overall health of the human body.
- Excellent T-shape design
- Safe and sturdy design
- Comfortable grip
- Compact, portable, and easy to use
- 6 replaceable massage heads
- 6 adjustable speed modes
Benefits of a Massage Gun
Through customer experiences and therapeutic experiments, these are some of the incredible benefits / advantages of massage guns.
- Increase Muscle Strength and Decrease Soreness:- Unlike other body tissues, muscle grows when encountering stress. It is the source behind bodybuilding. Massage guns help in increasing muscle strength in two ways. Firstly, directly exposing muscle fibers to a strong force makes them build extraordinary strength. Secondly, after exercising, massage guns help muscles relax thus the power can perform more work.
- Alleviate Pain:- Pain is among the highly complex sensations with a variety of types. Massage guns offer you a heavy relief against those related to muscles and few other soft tissues. Additionally, pains caused by exercising, running, or sports vanish quickly by using massage gun. The low degree of percussion is more effective in relieving pain.
- Improves Circulation and Helps in Lymphatic:- Drainage circulation to the body’s peripheral parts is significantly increased using a massage gun. Unlike traditional massage, percussion therapy results in muscle growth.
- Help in Healing and Immunity:- With increased blood circulation, the number of blood cells also increases. These blood cells, especially Neutrophils and Lymphocytes, help remove toxins and boost your body’s immunity.
- Decrease the Amount of Lactic Acid:- Vigorous exercise is the leading cause of Lactic acid’s temporary buildup in the muscles. This accumulated Lactic Acid causes muscle weakness and pain.
- Enhance Tolerance:- Increased tolerance and resistance, especially in muscles, is a combined effect of using a massage gun With exercise.
- Reduce Inflammations:- A lot of discussions are going on regarding the effectiveness of massage guns on inflammation. For Tendonitis and Bursitis massage guns perform brilliantly. Good results are also seen for plantar fasciitis.
What is the difference between Massage Gun and Body Massager?
A massage gun works on the principle of percussive therapy whereas a body massager works on the basis of vibration therapy. Various researches indicate that percussive therapy is better than vibration therapy. This is why massage guns or percussive therapy devices have recently gained lot of popularity.
Percussive therapy or percussive massage is achieved by using a massage gun that produces a rapid, pounding force in short duration pulses which penetrate deep into the tissues of your body. It is a kind of hammering effect and your body never adjusts to the combination of the frequency and depth of force being used. Since the body never accommodates it, it stays effective for pain relief. In other words, the brain does not acclimate to the stimulation making the therapy more effective.
In vibration therapy, the frequency is really high or the product never comes off the body (no hammering effect) so it makes the area numb and it becomes less effective.
How do I choose a Massage Gun?
This section talks about the important factors that one should consider while buying a massage gun in India.
#1. Build quality
Quality of material is one of the critical elements of any device as durability depends on the build quality. So, do not compromise with quality make sure it has high-quality material and also ensure the handles are solid and non-skiddy.
#2. Size & Weight
Next is the Size and Weight of the product. Ensure the design is sleek and easy to carry so you can use it anywhere at the home, office, or gym. It should fit into your bag easily. After size, make sure to see the weight of the massage gun. You can find anything between 500 grams to 1.5 kg or a little above.
#3. Multiple Head Attachments
All the magic and massage depends on the head attachments used for massaging different parts of the body. The most common head attachment is a flat head which is highly useful as you can target most of the body parts with a flat head. Other than that, there will be different types of massage heads you will receive. Generally, massage guns come with 4 or 6 massage heads.
#4. Speed Levels
Make sure your selected device has adjustable speed settings so you can check the massage intensity and use it as per your comfort. Rotations per Minute (RPM) also plays a crucial role in massage sessions. If you select the low-speed process per minute, it will be lower, and if you choose the high-speed rotation, it will be higher.
#5. Battery Life
Massage guns have rechargeable batteries. Always buy massage guns having lithium batteries as they recharge quickly and lasts longer. The longer the battery life lesser the concern of low battery and less hassle of charging.
#6. Less Noisy
If your device creates noise, then it will be a little irritating for you and others around you, so better to select the massage that produces less noise. There are multiple high-quality massage guns available online that create less noise as they have brushless motors.
#7. Easy & Safe to Use
Massage gun should be easy to set up and use. It should have easy buttons to understand standard controls, etc. Massage guns are so unique that you are tempted to get more out of them but it is not a good thing so if your device has an auto cut-off option (15 minutes) it keeps you safe. Once you set up time, your device will turn off after 10 to 15 minutes automatically, make sure to target each muscle group for not more than 2 minutes.
This differs from brand to brand. You can get a warranty between 6 months to 1 year. However, brands may provide a replacement for a limited period so ensure to read the warranty details carefully.
#9. Budget & Price
You can find massage guns at reasonable price. So set your budget and look for features that fit your requirements.
Different Types of Massage Heads
Deep tissue massage gun has different massage heads catering to different parts of the body. Some of the massage gun brands provide 4 switchable massage heads whereas some provide 6 massage heads.
Let’s take a look at what each massage head is used for.
- Cone Head – for arthrosis and deep tissue muscle group
- Flat Head – for massaging all parts of the body
- Arc-shaped Head – for thigh and arm
- Small Ball Head – for massaging small muscles
- Big Ball Head – for big and small muscle group
- U Shape Head – for massaging spine and neck like areas
Usage of Massage Gun
Gun massager can be used for relieving muscle stiffness and soreness of different parts of the body. Also, it is important to know at what speed should run the massage gun to achieve the desired result.
Refer the below picture for more clarity.
Conclusion – Best Deep Tissue Percussion Massage Gun
Massage Gun or Percussion Gun Massager is a handheld body massager that helps in relieving muscle ache, reducing muscle rigidity and fatigue effectively relaxes the body. Further, it helps in speedy muscle recovery and improves blood circulation.
Massage gun helps in combating muscle pain & stress and is really useful for athletes, body builders, players, or people recovering from medical ailments or injuries.
I hope this buying guide has helped you in choosing the best massage gun in India. If you are still confused then check the below recommendations.
- AGARO Polo Deep Tissue Percussion Massage Gun for Muscle Soreness & Recovery
- WOMIKOL Massage Gun / Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager for Pain Relief / Handheld Electric Body Massager
- BELIONERA Massage Gun for Deep Tissue Muscles / Percussion Muscle Massager / Handheld Massage Device
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of popular massage gun brands in India are AGARO, Caresmith, Dr. Physio, etc. All these brands are highly reputed and provide high quality massage guns.
Yes, certainly massage guns are worth buying. They are useful for athletes, body builders, players, or people recovering from medical ailments or injuries. Massage guns work on the principle of percussion therapy which is effective in getting rid of aching or tired muscles after an intense workout.
Markets or online websites are flooded with huge variety of massage guns. Some of them are cheap whereas some of them are expensive. It depends upon the features provided in the product. Cheap massage guns are effective but may not be loaded with fancy features like LCD display, auto cut-off after 15 minutes, etc.
Other articles you might like:
- 8 Best Deep Fryer in India
- 10 Best Electric Cooker in India
- 10 Best Electric Kettle (Water Boiler) in India
- 11 Best Vacuum Cleaner (Wet / Dry) in India
- 10 Best Iron Box for Home in India