Which are the best massage oil for babies in India?
What is a baby massage oil?
Why is a baby massage important?
Is baby massage safe?
These are the common questions that come to every new parents’ mind. Moreover, with so many brands online, the vital question is what baby massage oil is the best for your baby.
Here is the good news!! Our research team has done a tremendous job. They have gained extensive knowledge about baby massage oils in India. As a result, we have answers to all your questions. All we need from you is little time to read this article. Are you ready? Let’s start.
Best Massage Oil for Babies in India 2023
This section of the article provides information on best massage oil for babies in India. Read the reviews and product summaries to make an informed decision.
1. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil (500 ml)
Himalaya has been a trusted name in the market for health care products. So, many parents rely on their products for their babies. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil has amazing benefits of Ashvagandha. Ashvagandha or winter cherry has soothing and skin-brightening properties.
Himalaya Baby Massage Oil keeps a baby’s skin soft and smooth. Moreover, it also takes care of his nails and cuticles. All in all, this baby massage oil provides overall nourishment for your baby.
- Vegetable Oil
- Consists of Olive Oil and Ashvagandha
- Free from fatty acids and mineral oils
- Light Oil
- Used before as well as after a bath
- Clinically tested for mildness on baby skin
2. Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Massage Oil for Babies (500 ml)
Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the best massage oils for babies. This oil is extracted from fresh coconut milk. So, it is 100% natural. Moreover, unlike other coconut oil, it has a great aroma of coconut. This wonder oil boosts immunity and keeps the baby’s skin soft.
Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil helps in building cells. It is due to the presence of medium-chain fatty acids in it. Moreover, its anti-bacterial properties make it safe to use it as a baby massage oil.
- 100% natural
- Mild aroma
- Great for hair and body
- Helps to treat nappy rashes
- Contains Vitamin E, anti-oxidants and medium-chain fatty acids
3. Dabur Lal Tail Ayurvedic Baby Oil (500 ml)
This brand needs no introduction to Indian consumers. Dabur Lal Tail is one of the most popular baby massage oils in India. This baby massage oil comprises of many essential herbs. Thus, it promises to build stronger bones and muscles for your baby.
Dabur Lal Tail helps to promote overall growth in your baby. Furthermore, it helps in digestion and blood circulation. Dabur India claims that this baby massage oil also helps in weight gain. All in all, the product has been receiving spectacular reviews online.
- Consists of sesame or til oil and herbs like ratanjyot, sankhpushpi, camphor and urad
- Clinically tested for faster physical growth
4. Mother Sparsh Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil (100 ml)
Mother Sparsh baby massage oil is prepared with various essential oils which are known for their natural skin properties like moisturization & nourishment. Formulated with natural ingredients like coconut, almond, walnut, orange, wheat germ oil, etc. to give complete and safe care for baby’s tender skin. This natural baby massage oil soothes the dry skin and provides peaceful sleep time. Regular massage with Mother Sparsh baby massage oil, gently pampers baby’s skin, soothes dryness and provides strength to bones and muscles.
- 100% natural
- Blend of 18 ayurvedic oils & herbs
- Contains natural ingredients like Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Sesame Oil, Avocado Oil, etc.
- Provides strength to bones and muscles
- Helps in baby’s growth
- Improves the skin texture
- Moisturizes and nourishes baby’s skin
- Ideal for delicate and soft skin
- Chemical free
5. Figaro Olive Oil for Babies (500 ml)
Figaro Olive Oil is one of the best baby massage oils in the market. The brand has been manufacturing quality products for more than 100 years. The best thing about this baby oil is that it is edible. So, it is safe to use it for young infants.
Figaro Olive Oil is another name for purity. The Spanish brand has made sure that their oils are chemical-free. As a result, this oil has become the most reliable massage oil.
- Made of pure olives
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Free from preservatives and chemical
6. Johnson’s Baby Oil with Vitamin E (500 ml)
Johnson’s is the most popular baby brand not only in India but also worldwide. They have been producing quality baby products for 120 years. Moreover, all of their products are clinically tested. Besides, they have to meet 15 global regulatory standards.
Johnson’s Baby Oil with Vitamin E is non-sticky baby oil. This baby massage oil keeps your baby’s skin soft. But some parents have complained about the strong smell it has.
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Mild Oil
- Clinically tested
- 5 level of Safety Assurance
7. Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil (100 ml)
This is another popular brand for health care products. Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil has got the goodness of almonds. Almond oil is beneficial for your baby’s internal and external growth.
Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil has many benefits. This baby massage oil helps in proper digestions and the development of strong bones. Furthermore, it has a soothing effect on babies.
- Made of sweet almonds
- Use this baby oil for baby hair and body
8. Sebamed Baby Massage Oil (150 ml)
Sebamed is one of the leading brands for baby products. This Sebamed Baby Massage Oil has shown amazing results. Moreover, this baby massage oil contains some essential oils. So, it helps in soothing fussy babies.
Sebamed Baby Massage Oil has awesome benefits. This baby oil makes your baby’s skin soft. Moreover, it even eases out pain related to colic or teething. As a result, this baby massage oil online is too demanding.
- Made of Soy Oil
- Consists of essential oils
- 5 % wheat germ oil
- Rich in Vitamin E
9. Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies (100 ml)
Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil is another amazing baby massage oil. With the goodness of many other oils, this oil provides complete care for your baby. Moreover, this baby massage oil does not contain any lipids or parabens. Thus, it is 100% natural and safe for your baby.
The best part about this baby massage oil is that it is safe for sensitive skin. Moreover, it keeps your baby’s skin soft and even treats nappy rashes. As a result, Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil is an awesome product with excellent reviews.
- Made of Sesame, Olive, Sweet Almond and Jojoba oil
- Mild Fragrance
- Clinically tested
10. Life & Pursuits Organic Ayurvedic Massage Oil for Babies (100 ml)
Life & Pursuits Organic Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil is the unique creation of the famous brand Life & Pursuits. This organic baby massage oil has received certifications of being 99%+ natural. Thus, this oil promotes healthy growth and moisturizes your baby’s skin.
This beneficial Ayurvedic baby massage oil improves the immunity system. Not only that, but it also improves body strength and promotes good sleep. Thus, it has gained the trust of many parents in India.
- Organic Certifications by USDA (USA), NATRUE (Europe) & India Organic
- Comprises of Ashwagandha, Neem, Haldi, and Manjistha
- Consists of cold-pressed oil Sunflower, Coconut, Sesame and Tocopherol
11. The Moms Co Natural Baby Massage Oil (200 ml)
The Moms Co. is an emerging baby brand in India with Australia-certified products. The USP of their products is that they are 100% natural and consist of organic oils. The Moms Co. Natural Baby Massage Oil is a combination oil of 10 organic oils. So, it helps in the overall growth and protection of your baby.
The Moms Co. Natural Baby Massage Oil with 10 Oils is rich in minerals. It also has useful vitamins A, B, and E. Moreover, it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it protects your baby’s skin and promotes good sleep.
- Consists of organic Sesame, Almond, Jojoba, and Chamomile oil
- Free from sulphates, minerals, and paraben
12. Mee Mee Baby Oil with Fruit Extracts (500 ml)
Mee Mee is a well-known baby brand for most of the parents. Their products are of superior quality and safe to use. Mee Mee Baby Oil is Sunflower baby massage oil which keeps the baby skin soft. This oil is among the best massage oils for babies that strengthens bones.
This baby massage oil is completely safe for your baby. Moreover, this oil has a mild fragrance which is soothing for the babies.
- Fruit extracts
What is Baby Massage Oil?
Baby massage oil is a combination of various herbs or other oils. It has some essential ingredients like vitamins and minerals. These oils create a protective shield around your baby’s body. For this reason, your baby‘s skin remains soft and your baby healthy.
How does a Baby Massage help?
There are the many benefits of a baby massage. They are:-
- Gives your baby a pleasant and warm feeling. As a result, it reduces crying and nagging.
- Provides complete skin nourishment. So, keeps your baby’s skin soft and healthy.
- Helps in improving the blood circulation of your baby’s body parts. So, it makes your baby healthy.
- It also helps in proper control of breathing. Thus, it helps your baby to relax and have a sound sleep.
- Regular baby massage helps to improve digestion. As a result, the bowel movement becomes easier for your baby.
- Helps in weight gain and brainpower in babies.
- Last but not least; it creates a great bonding between babies and parents.
How safe is a Baby Massage?
Baby massage has amazing health benefits for babies. It shows amazing results in a day or two. Yet, consult a doctor before using any oil on your baby’s skin.
At the same time, make sure that the oil you are using suits your baby’s skin. Also, check how comfortable your baby feels during the massage. If everything seems to be in place, you keep going.
Best Baby Massage Oil Brands in India 2023
In this section, I have provided a list of best baby massage oil brands in India based on my research.
|Baby Massage Oil Brands||Quantity|
|1. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil||500 ml|
|2. Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Massage Oil for Babies||500 ml|
|3. Dabur Lal Tail Ayurvedic Baby Oil||500 ml|
|4. Mother Sparsh Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil||100 ml|
|5. Figaro Olive Oil for Babies||500 ml|
|6. Johnson’s Baby Oil with Vitamin E||500 ml|
|7. Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil||100 ml|
|8. Sebamed Baby Massage Oil||150 ml|
|9. Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies||100 ml|
|10. Life & Pursuits Organic Ayurvedic Massage Oil for Babies||100 ml|
|11. The Moms Co Natural Baby Massage Oil||200 ml|
|12. Mee Mee Baby Oil with Fruit Extracts||500 ml|
What Oils to use for a Baby Massage?
Although there are many oils available, you should be wise in choosing the baby oil. You can follow two important steps here. First, you should focus on the weather at your location. Second, you can choose the baby oil as per their benefits.
Read this section to make a decide which is the best massage oils for your babies.
Baby Massage Oil in Summer
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has a cooling and soothing effect on babies. Moreover, it has anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties.
- Sesame Oil – Sesame oil makes your baby’s skin soft and moisturized. Also, it has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is very good for baby skin. It induces good sleep, cures diaper rash and keeps your baby’s skin soft.
Baby Massage Oil in Winter
- Mustard Oil – Mustard oil is a very popular oil for baby massage. A tradition of heating this oil with black cumin seeds, garlic buds, and carom seeds prevails in India. Since, this is a concentrated oil, it is good to dilute it with a carrier oil.
- Almond Oil – Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E. So, it keeps your baby’s skin soft. Also, it improves the skin tone and makes the bones strong.
- Sunflower Oil – Sunflower oil is also a popular baby massage oil. It is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids. You should use the pure form of sunflower oil. Avoid using this oil if it causes any skin problems.
- Castor Oil – Castor oil is a carrier oil. You can mix the concentrated or essential oil with castor oil to reap the benefits of both. Not only this, but you can use castor oil directly on your baby’s skin. This oil prevents dryness and promotes hair growth. So, you can use it for a head massage for your baby.
Likewise, you can also opt for Essential and Ayurvedic oils for well-being reasons.
Essential Oils for Baby Massage
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree oil has got medicinal properties. It helps in diaper rash and skin dryness. You should always mix tea tree oil with a carrier oil before using it for your baby.
- Calendula Oil – Calendula is an effective oil for dry skin. It also has a calming effect on babies.
- Chamomile Oil – Chamomile is beneficial in treating skin rashes and dryness. It also helps in colic and induces good sleep.
- Lavender Oil – Lavender has a soothing effect. It helps to reduce tension and colic in babies. Thus, it promotes healthy sleep.
Ayurvedic Oils for Baby Massage
Ayurvedic massage oils help in healthy development internally and externally. So, it has miraculous on babies. Most of these oils are combinations of various oils. Thus, these oils reduce tension and help in the development of strong bones. Moreover, these massage oils help your baby to relax and sleep peacefully.
How to Massage a Baby with Oil?
Creating a perfect environment for a Baby Massage
- Let your baby lie on a soft towel or mat.
- Never massage a baby if he or she is not calm or comfortable.
- Make sure the windows and doors are closed.
- Make sure the room temperature is comfortable. It can be between 20 and 24 degrees C.
- Keep your hands warm.
- You can play soothing music.
Massaging a Baby
- Lay your baby on his or her back.
- Keep eye contact with your baby.
- Start with your baby’s head and then slowly finish with their feet.
- Give a massage in the shape of a heart on your baby’s face. Then give your baby’s chest outward massage. Use circular strokes on the baby’s tummy and upward strokes for limbs. Do not ignore the fingers and toes and use gentle taps all over the body. Do not forget to give a back massage at the end.
- Finally, lay your baby on his tummy. Now, give a back massage by pressing your fingers gently from top to bottom.
- Make sure that you keep interacting with your baby during the massage. You can sing a song, tell a story or just simply talk.
- Do follow your baby’s mood to check if he or she is enjoying the massage. Based on this, you can repeat the massage.
After the Baby Massage
- Most of the babies tend to fall asleep during a massage. So, make sure to have a baby massage time much ahead of a baby nap time.
- Warm water helps to let the oil get inside the baby’s skin. So, it is good to give a warm body bath after the baby massage.
What to look for when buying Massage Oil for Babies?
- You as a parent need to be very careful while choosing baby massage oil for your baby. Here are some important guidelines you can follow.
- It is important to go for baby oil which can easily get absorbed in the skin. It is because leaving extra oil on a baby’s skin can cause skin rashes.
- Ayurvedic massage oil is a good combination of many herbs and perfect for sensitive skin. So, it is always good to opt for these oils.
- You should avoid oils with a strong fragrance.
- Try to go for oils that are free from animal fat and mineral oil.
- Cold-pressed organic oils are the pure form of oils. Thus, these are good for baby’s skin.
- Do not forget to check the ISI mark and AGMARK certifications of the massage oil packs.
- Always check the expiry date of the product you are buying.
- Babies tend to put their fingers in their mouths. So, it is always better to go for edible oils.
Final Talk – Best Baby Massage Oils in India
As shown above, these are the best massage oils for babies in India that are worth buying. But, choosing one might be a difficult task. So, we have gone one step ahead for you and chosen the five best massage oils for your babies.
Here’s the list of Best Baby Massage Oils in India.
- Dabur Lal Tail Ayurvedic Baby Oil (500 ml)
- Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil (100 ml)
- Sebamed Baby Massage Oil (150 ml)
- Life & Pursuits Organic Ayurvedic Massage Oil for Babies (100 ml)
- The Moms Co. Natural Baby Massage Oil (200 ml)
FAQs on Massage Oils for Babies
Ideally, you should use a baby massage oil before the baby’s bath time. Yet, you can massage your baby with oil after a bath as well in winter.
Stop massaging your baby if he or she feels uncomfortable. Also, never give a massage to a sick or crying baby. Besides do not massage your baby after mealtime.
Vegetable oil and Olive oil are the best for baby massage for fair skin. Furthermore, Ayurvedic baby oils are also good to improve skin tone.
You can put some baby massage oils on the baby’s scalp. But for this, you need to read the guidelines of baby massage oil. Please remember you cannot use all oils for baby massage on the baby’s hair.
Other articles you might like:
- Best Baby Body Lotions in India
- Baby Diaper Bags for Mothers in India
- Best Baby Feeding Bottles in India
- Best Forehead Digital Thermometers in India
- Kids Tricycle Trike in India